Friday, March 28, 2008

Is there anything so lovely

As a Tree, well yes of course the SU stamps!!!! Well OK these are stamps of Trees and I was hankering after them as soon as I saw them in the catalogue and have finally been able to have a play and make some more Male orientated cards!!! I think most of us cardmakers struggle with those.
This Card is made with a base card of Kraft, chocolate Chip and Old Olive Layers and some Always Artichoke Ribbon. It uses the large Oak tree image from lovely as a Tree and the Birthday sentiment from Cheers and Wishes. I stamped both images in Always Artichoke and coloured the tree with Watercolour Wonder Crayons and an Aqua Brush. I mixed red, yellow and blue to create the brown colour.

Now this one is a base card of Chocolate Chip and layer and Ribbon in Mustard. The papers are Certainly Celery Designer Patterned papers and there are 4 brads. The image was stamped in Always Artichoke and I used a bit of colour from the ink pad on an Aqua painter to add some depth to the image.

Another Kraft Base card with Chocolate Chip layers and Always Artichoke designer paper. Stamping the image in Always artichoke I used my watercolour wonder crayons to produce brown as before for the tree trunk. Ribbon is Old Olive 5/8 inch Gross Grain


A Mustard base card folded short of a match to expose the border to the front of the card. The images all from Lovely as a Tree were again lightly coloured using the Ink Pads or Watercolour wonder crayons with the aqua painter. Chocolate Chip and Glorious Green layers compliment the Always artichoke stamped images.

A tall pine coloured with Watercolour wonder Crayons and stamped in Always Artichoke. Layered on Chocolate Chip and a Base card of GLorious Green complement the Always Artichoke background Designer Papers and the Sentiment and border were from the Secret Garden Scrapping kit. I completed 8 pages of scrapping and had loads of things left over to finish off some cards with as well. Tied off with chocolate chip ribbon.

I really enjoyed putting these together

Rachel

1 comment:

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

WOW! Really, really pretty cards! I don't have this set but everytime I see it when it's well done (such as this) I always rethink buying it. But then another one catches my fancy and I change my mind. You've just bumped it up a few notches with these! Beautiful!