Sunday, February 28, 2010

Last Day for SAB

So I thought I better show some of my samples - lol. There is still time to place an order before about 11pm tonight if you really like anything you see. This one uses So saffron as a base card, some papers from one of the scrap kits (you get so much in one of these they seem to last forever!!! I love this spotty pink. I made the paper flower with two nesting circles that I scuffed the edges up with the distressing tool then punched to add a diamanté brad in lilac. The ribbon is the broad striped ribbon in black which is lovely to work with - its really light and thin so you can play with pleats and things without the card being overwhelmed. The stamp set is happy moments which is then chalked with the chalk set and punched out with the really large circle punch.
Obsessed with circles I am at the moment. So I punched some more from those scrap book kit scraps (they really do go on forever) in different sized circles for the background and then also border punched with the lace punch for behind the Whisper White Satin Ribbon. The Stamp set is again Happy Moments and the image was chalked and punched with the largest circle punch. This punch is a great size for adding an image to a card as you can also squeeze in a small greeting like the ones that come in the happy moments sets.

Now you know those scraps - I also used them on this card too - but this is the reverse side of the paper.


So some strips of paper for the front and inside (One side outside the other side inside. Then I punched a large circle in the front of the card so I had a window and added a circle of very vanilla card stock on the inside to match where the window was, this was stamped with another image from Happy Moments (did I say I liked this set...) and this one was chalked for a bit of light colour. The button was a clear button backed with some of the paper scraps glued on with a dab of the Glossy Accents and then some linen thread put through and tied. This was quite a difficult one to photograph to look good.

Mandy thanks for the comments too!! Nice to know someone is out there....
Rachel

No comments: