Thursday, February 25, 2010

Some recent Make and Takes

I recently did a session for a Crafting Club that resides "over the other side" of the Midlands and quite a few didn't make it to the session for assorted reasons so I promised to blog the make and takes for them to drool over - well OK see what everyone was up to.

The first one is a tiny card using the Greenhouse Garden set, £1 for every set sold goes to the Red Cross Haiti Fund, so I thought I would use it so people could appreciate how lovely it is and how easy to use. Ellen this one should be on your hit list if not already!! I actually CASE'd this (COPY and SHARED!!!) from a little card Stashfairy sent me - I need to go and check your real name as it was a lovely card, I made it smaller but that was about it!

I used one of the the little love notes cards that come in packs of 20 with envelopes, half very vanilla and half whisper white. I stamped the sold flower stamps in barely banana for the daisies and Almost Amethyst for the pansy. The outlines were done in Brocade blue and More Mustard. Now I did mine by eye but you can also use the stampamajig if you are at all hesitant about this especially as it is directly to the card. I always think make and takes must feel a bit like the generation game for customers :-). I then stamped a tiny flower and a greeting from the Vintage Labels SAB set onto a seperate piece of whisper white and punched it in the small tag punch and punched a Almost Amethyst scrap of card in the larger tag punch to co-ordinate. Layered these up and hole punched at the top before threading some Black Gingham ribbon through and tying it up with a tiny piece of the silver elastic thread. Anyway that was a very long explanation for a teeny card - I also stamped the envelope to match. It was really quick honestly!!


Ok Second and thirdly (oooh two at once) well they are very similar and you are getting brief descriptions here! I stamped the background, chalked the image, made two tags and tied a ribbon on. Oh Ok then.....again this one is cased from Jomumo4 on www.inlovewithstamping.com so I just adapted it for what I wanted, I randomly stamped an A6 size piece of whisper white card with the background image in basic grey for a softer image, I then used the chalks to sponge colour onto the images, with a little outline in a contrasting colour to make them pop a little from the page, I often use a bit of blue or yellow. I trimmed some of the background piece to fit nicely on the card front. I made an extra image and greeting on a separate sheet and punched them out with the little tag punch. More contrasting colour larger tag punchies and layered them up before hole punching and adding some linen thread to hand from. A brad was attached centrally and the tags hung from it. I add some glue dots to the back of the tags to keep them in place. I then tied a piece of ribbon around the background piece before attaching it to the card. Joanne used a double ribbon on hers which was particularly fetching a bit like on my third card but layering a narrow gross grain over the heavier one. The set used was Happy Moments SAB Freebie - yes Freebie - and you only have till 28th Feb to get your £45 order in to get one all to yourself!!


Anyway this post is now very long!!! And you have 3 photos I am sooooo generous - lol enjoy!!

I have actually sorted some more photos as well so you might even get some more posts shortly - how exciting is that!

Rachel

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Fabbie cards Rachel, really lovely to see piccies of what you got up to !

Mandy
x